Keto Zucchini Fries
Keto zucchini fries breaded with a seasoned almond flour and parmesan cheese coating and baked in the oven or placed in the air fryer. You can even make them crispy by using pork rinds!
- 1 whole zucchini
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour (sub for pork rinds)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesa cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Cut zucchini into fries
In one bowl beat 2 eggs for mixing. Add a little milk into the wash if you'd like.
In another bowl add almond flour and grated parmesan cheese with all the seasoning. Then add in 2 TB of melted butter and mix in. That is only if using almond flour, you dont have use butter if using pork rinds.
Preheat the air fryer or oven to 400°F
Place fries into egg wash. Then place fries in a even layer and sprinkle the breading across the top. Flip then repeat.
For air fryer, layer in air fryer and don't crowd the fries. Spray with oil then bake for 7-10 minutes, checking at 7 minutes for browing. Fries are done when breading is golden and brown
For oven, place fries spread out evenly on a baking sheet or oven wire rack, don't crowd. Then bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Can I use coconut flour, simply put due to the nature of coconut flour that is not something you'd want to use in this recipe. It doesn't work 1:1 at all with any ingredient.
- Pat dry, don't skip this step because zucchini is a high water content squash. After cutting just remember to lay them out and pat them out with a towel.
- Flash fry after baking, this will ensure a fresh crispy crust if it's not crispy enough coming out the oven. A quick broil can also work when using the oven.
Keto Zucchini Fries
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 13.4g84%
Trans Fat 0.7g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a rating and comment, thank you