This meat lovers scramble keto egg bake is a copycat from a discontinued Denny’s favorite. Bacon, sausage and eggs all perfect keto breakfast options.
So maybe not a perfect copycat. Denny’s meat lovers scramble were a mixture of eggs with a ton of meat. Not to mention the carb filled sides. Which were rather delicious I must add.
I remember like yesterday my step father ordering this as a little kid. Finally trying it myself I had to have it every visit. Only to realize in my adult years they discontinued it.
I hadn’t been to Denny’s in years then one Saturday night after the club closed I headed for a bite to eat. I had told myself as soon as we got in I knew exactly what I wanted. To my surprise it was no longer on the menu. In conclusion, I wasn’t happy but you can be sure I still ate!
This keto egg bake is all you need for breakfast!
- Getting in all your fats is a must on the keto diet. This achieves plenty of good fats. The eggs are great for Omega 3’s. The bacon, sausage, ham and cheeses are not only fatty but super tasty!
- Eggs high in Omega 3’s! We get so many Omega 6’s in our diet. The ratio is so thrown out of whack. Food items like salmon, cod liver oil and eggs help with that.
Is bacon and eggs keto?
Absolutely! Now, bacon isn’t the most nutrient dense food. But it’s bacon does that matter? Yet, the eggs on the other hand are always a great choice for any diet. They really are extremely nutritional.
How to make this keto egg bake:
In the pictures you may notice charring on the meats. I purposely did this ahead of time for the meats and the onion to max out the taste.
Now, for the length of time all the meats would have been done by the time the keto egg bake had cooked. Not to mention the ham and sausage were pre-cooked already. But, adding a char to the ham and sausage added additional flavor with the little crust that had form.
First, you want to cook your bacon if you pan fry it. If you place it in the oven such as I do to avoid being popped with grease do that as well. Cut the sausage up into pieces. Then the ham and sausage can be cooked on a skillet together.
Saute’ your onion as well. Then mix together all 8 eggs adding in seasoning and cheese. You have the option to top everything off with the cheese as well. Which I think you should!
- Using a different cheese is always an option. Sharp cheddar was used in the recipe but a more milder cheddar can be used as well.
- Beef sausage or pork sausage, in the recipe I used beef due to having pork in the ham and bacon.
- Turkey bacon or pork bacon, I prefer pork bacon. Yet, if you are a turkey bacon lover that would be a great option to add. It will also make this a more well-rounded meat lovers.
- Cooking meats prior, you don’t have to due to most the meats are pre-cooked. If you’re short on time the recipe you can make this a super easy recipe and just toss everything in and allow it to cook in the keto egg bake.
- Keep a close eye on eggs. Due to oven temps varying I can’t stress this enough. You don’t want to scorch your eggs it is never a pleasant taste.
- I used a 9×9 baking dish. If you have something larger you may want to increase the portions in the recipe. If not it’s fine but baking time will change in a larger dish and increase in a smaller one.