This peanut butter stuffed chocolate keto cake is sweet and bitter. A flourless chocolate cake in addition of being sugar-free as well!
May I mention this recipe was a request via Instagram from So Yummy!
I didn’t know what to expect from this one. In addition the recipe uses regular dark chocolate which has some sweetness to it. But in order to make it keto friendly Baker’s 100% cacao had to be used. I am talking as bitter as you can possibly get!
Too Much? Precisely what I was thinking! There is a thing as too bitter. Especially for a dessert.
Now, Lily’s chocolate is semi sweet which would be our version of dark chocolate. But do you know how expensive that would be to do an entire cake using a branded chocolate that had been sweetened?
Peanut Butter Stuffed Keto Cake My Way!
In case you have seen the recipe you may notice a butt load of sweetener. Much more than I typically use anyway. 100% cacao is so strong you’d be amazed how the cake still turns out super decadent.
Due to this anything less than a chocolate lover be warned!
I myself love chocolate! Yet, going into this I had rather low expectations for the cake thinking I couldn’t cut the bitterness. I was wrong!
After the first bite I said decadent for sure. Then something amazing happened!
I ate the entire slice! By the way that glaze isn’t really needed the cake spoke for itself.
The slice was gone and I wanted more. Sadly I had eaten already for the day and the peanut butter would sky-rocket my calories.
To mention the peanut butter flavor is rather subtle here. Two very strong flavors in the battle for the top spot. The chocolate wins often!
For the chocolate lovers this keto cake I am more than sure you will love. Maybe even grab a low carb ice cream and top it off!
Why didn’t I think of that? I can only imagine how mind-blowing it could have been. Take a minute out your day and dive into this incredible chocolate experience!
Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Keto Cake (Low Carb, Sugar Free, Grain Free)
Peanut butter inside
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener
Chocolate keto cake
- 16 ounces Baker's 100% cacao
- 8 large eggs
- 2/3 cup powdered sweetener
- 2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 4 ounces Baker's 100% cacao
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup peanut butter warmed
Peanut butter filling
- combine peanut butter and powdered sweetener
- the mix won't be smooth after a while and you can toss oil or more powdered sweetener on your hands so you can handle it
- Press on into about a 6 inch circle. It will be thick so that is fine then place into the refrigerator until after you mix up your chocolate cake
Chocolate keto cake
- Blend 8 eggs until eggs fluff and double in size. Which should take about 5-10 minutes. You will notice foam and the eggs will look full of air not extra thick as when you first start
- Cut butter into pieces along with breaking the chocolate then place in microwave in intervals of 30 sec until melted
- After removed from the microwave beat in powdered sweetener and liquid stevia
- The chocolate may become lumpy but this is fine
- combine chocolate and eggs until smooth. If chocolate becomes lumpy as smooth as you can get it but should be combine well in the end
- pour half in a cake pan then remove peanut butter from the refrigerator then sit in the center. Pour the remaining batter around the peanut butter stuffing until fully covered
- Place in oven at 300ºF for 30-40 minutes checking for doneness around 30. What you are looking for is the cake to not be shaky. It should be uniform across the top. Due to the oils it may look wet but just use a toothpick to press against the top for doneness
- melt 4 oz of chocolate in the microwave and then add stevia
- put peanut butter in microwave about 15 sec just to warm it if it isn't very smooth
- Spread melted chocolate cross the cake then add in drops of the peanut butter. You could swirl it such as the picture if you'd like