To make a keto cheesecake better, make it a no bake cheesecake. An easy to make sugar free dessert that you make it then go about your day.
No bake desserts are a busy persons dream. I can’t begin to say how many recipes I stretched time with to finish cooking.
To add, no bake cheesecake is very popping. So, to combine the love of keto cheesecake with a set and go option, it’s a moms dream!
Lately, I have been looking into more easy options. Such as a no churn ice cream. Along with no bake desserts. Why not do cheesecake? It is debatable, but I will say cheesecake is the ultimate keto snack.
Allow me to explain…
Dairy snacks have been the most tasteful for people starting out. From cream cheese cookies, to pancakes, and of course ice cream. Because, these items are natrally loaded with fat the base flavor always remains the same. The only thing different or missing is the sweetness. So, for someone new they taste it and can think, this taste like cheesecake. But where’s the sugar?
It will come my dear, in good time!
No Bake Strawberry Keto Cheesecake
A plain cheesecake is on the way. But, for the first I wanted you guys to have something super tasteful, and easy.
Of course these are delicious but they aren’t the most stable. I figured I could make them to stand on their own. Sadly, that didn’t happen. Allow me to explain.
If you use cupcake liners as I did, you’ll be forced to eat them from the liner. It’s not make or break but I personally wanted to take them out. Originally I made them in a 8×8 baking dish. They were rather easy to scoop out but I wasn’t able to get macros, or pictures that way. And adding them to these liners showed how unstable they were.
I personally blame the crust! The nut butter as soon as it leaves the freezer in minutes starts to melt down. The cheesecake itself with the help of gelatin is just fine. Even the strawberries behaved properly. They aren’t really suppose to have too much structure.
I’d like to add not using peanut butter if you can avoid it. The peanut butter taste great as it always does. Yet, peanut butter is such a strong flavor it over powers the cheesecake. The strawberries are strong enough the pour cheesecake in the center simply becomes a structure between the two.
Even though the dish is delicious, I prefer it to be a bit cleaner to eat.
This keto cheesecake is super easy to make. You don’t have to worry about overcooking! It’s a no bake! Where could you possibly go wrong?
It is grain free, completely sugar free, and sweetened with monk fruit. Other sweeteners can be used in place, but sweetness varies in that case. The base isn’t as solid as I like. Coming straight out the fridge the crust is fine. The problem will be if you leave it out a little too long. It’s so good though I doubt it makes it that far!
each, makes 12 in silicone cupcake liners
Net carbs 4g
If using a 8×8 baking pan, per square, makes 9
Net carbs 5g
***estimates done via My Fitness Pal
***used peanut butter for crust in estimates, different nut butters will have varying results
No Bake Strawberry Keto Cheesecake (Low Carb, Sugar Free, Grain Free)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid stevia (I used this)
- 1/4 cup Powdered sweetener (I don't recommend Swerve (see notes))
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- take xanthan gum and granulated sweetener and mix the two
- Quickly into the cold water stir in sweetener and xanthan gum as in video above
- Add in sliced strawberries
- Should take about 5 minutes on medium heat continuing to stir until water turns pink and sauce thickens. If using strawberry extract add at the end
- Allow to cool while making the other parts
- combine coconut flour, brown sugar alternative or granulated sweetener, cinnamon then mix
- Add in nut butter and combine it all together
- If using a pan you can line the bottom of the pan with the crust. If using cupcake liners add 1 tsp in each then shake down as I did in video.
- Bring cream cheese to room temperture
- bloom gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water. Simply sprinkle gelatin evenly across the water in a bowl and allow to set while making other ingredients
- combine cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla, and stevia. Beat all these together
- Add in powdered sweetener and mix that in as well
- Now your gelatin you put to the side will be bloomed at this point. Put in microwave for 5-10 seconds just so that it is liquid. Pour into your cheesecake and mix well. It will look like too much water but it will mix in
- If using 8x8 pan add cheesecake filling on top of crust. If using liners add 1 tablespoon into each liner to get 12 total
- After adding in cheesecake cover with strawberry topping
- Place in refrigerator for about 2 hours