These keto strip steak lettuce wraps are a easy low carb lunch option. Quick and easy for meal prepping. Lettuce wraps are surely a keto must try!
This will go down as one of my biggest screw ups!
Do you know I aimed for Philly cheesesteak lettuce wraps? Although that’s what I went for the flavor wasn’t there. To mention, I have never been to Philadelphia. And the only cheesesteaks I have had have been made from national chains.
Now that I think about it, who’s to say I missed the flavor? I could have been right!
I doubt it! Yet, these turned out so delicious. Using the right combination of cheeses and spices made these a hit. A mix of provolone for smoke with mozzarellas milkiness. Topped with red onion and parmesan cheese.
Have you ever had spicy brown mustard with beef? Truthfully spicy brown works good with almost anything but seafood. Yuck! I couldn’t imagine.
So, the great thing about these is the options are limitless. Top with different peppers, add tomatoes and interchange the cheeses. Heck! You could make these taco style if you’d like.
Are lettuce wraps keto?
Absolutely! Lettuce wraps have become really popular in low carb recipes. In addition, going to some of your favorite burger joints they offer lettuce wraps for our burgers now! Does Five Guys ring a bell?
The lettuce takes the place of the bun. Now, in all honestly it isn’t the same. But, on quality meat or an amazing fill in such as this one the meal is still delicious.
What lettuce for wraps?
I have noticed romaine lettuce seems to form the best for taco style recipes. Iceberg lettuce is very popular. In the photos, iceberg was used. Not if, but when I make these again romaine lettuce will be my lettuce of choice.
Lettuce Wrap Conclusion
My keto strip steak lettuce wraps were a perfect mistake. Loaded with cheese, grilled onion, green peppers, a spice blend, topped with grated parmesan and the option of a spicy brown mustard. If you are meal prepping for the week these are super easy. Warm them up in the office microwave, pull out your lettuce and eat. The condiments are already mixed in with the steak providing all that you need.
Keto Strip Steak Lettuce Wraps (Low Carb, Grain Free)
- 1-1.5 pounds skirt steak
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon course ground pepper (if using fine ground use 1/2 TB)
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (white or red onion)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (can use whole to taste)
- 2 tablespoon oil for cooking (I used olive oil)
- 1 cup provolone or mozzarella cheese (you can find a mix in some stores)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (or romaine lettuce)
- Cut strip steak in half depending on cut if desired for smaller pieces
- season your steak with garlic powder, ground pepper, chili powder and salt
- Use olive oil and cook steak on medium heat in a saute pan
- don't cook steak all the way through if you want steak well done. Simply brown steak on both sides then pull off eat leaving any seasoning or juices in pan
- in left over juices add green onion, chopped white or red onion and green pepper. Cook until veggies start to soften. If dryness occurs add a little more oil
- After veggies begin to soften add steak back into pan and finish cooking to your desired doneness. I like my beef around medium for tenderness
- If using iceberg lettuce simply peel you a piece off with enough surface area to hold the meat. You should be able to at least form a taco shape before adding meat
- Add meat to lettuce wrap and top with condiments of your choice. Or do as I did add grated parmesan cheese and spicy brown mustard