Healthy breakfast scramble, perfect when starting the keto diet. Mexican-style with peppers, cheese and spiced sausage. An easy keto breakfast recipe made for one skillet!
An easy keto breakfast recipe is a must!
Being on the keto diet is more simple than ever now. There are a large amount of options for recipes and products. Yet, sometimes simply is still just as easy and delicious as anything else.
A Mexican-style breakfast scramble can be a wonderful option for a quick breakfast idea. This recipe can even be made with one skillet.
The mixture of spices along with the savoriness of the eggs, loaded with cheese makes this breakfast scramble almost too good to be keto!
Making a one skillet breakfast scramble:
Sausage is going to take the longest to cook out of all the ingredients. So start preparing that first. Right before it’s done add all your veggies into the pan to sauté.
Cook your veggies a bit to give them some nice color. Then add in your eggs already mixed. Give them a good whisk before adding them to the pan for easier mixing. Cook the scrambled eggs through then transfer to plate. Top with sour cream, queso and tomatoes if you didn’t cook them with the other vegetables.
Making this a one pan breakfast scramble won’t give you layers as you see in the photos. That’s fine though because the taste will be amazing and clean up just as easy!
Based off simple ingredients. Be sure to watch hidden sugars in sausage and queso
Net carb 6g
Mexican-Style Breakfast Scramble When Starting Keto
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 ounces sausage crumbles
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion (or any onion of choice)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup queso
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Starting out season your veggies with the spice mixture. If you have a taco seasoning on hand that will work as well
- Cook your veggies in a skillet with a little of oil of choice. Just enough to cook them a little. Or cook them to your desired tenderness. I prefer them with a little crunch
- Cook sausage all the way through next
- Remove sausage from pan and then scramble eggs
- Building your scramble place eggs down first. Top with queso, sausage, veggies and lastly sour cream. Enjoy